The New Flight Model coming in 3.4

Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
This is the observations & personal opinions of someone that got to experience the NEW Flight Model that we will be getting starting with 3.4 in December.

All you Fighter Pilots should be especially interested in this.
Many changes are coming and as before, it will take a few days to adjust to this Flight Model.
Personally, I am excited & happy that this change is finally here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9ngn72 View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9ngn72/i_tried_the_new_flight_model_coming_in_34_while_i/

Have Comments? Please share them with us here..

Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I'm more curious how these changes will impact large ships like the Caterpillar, Starfarer, etc.
The big news for *everybody* (on top of all the other changes, you really should watch the vid) is that De-Coupled mode should now work the way it is intended.

For fighters, harnessing de-coupled will mean that you can squeeze out extra time with the enemy in your sights.

For larger ships, you should be able to get up to your max speed, de-couple, and then find jump points and/or bring guns & missiles to bear on an enemy. Right now, for a lot of big ships, even if you decouple at max speed, moving your nose results in your speed going down to SCM speeds, which makes you a sitting duck. With these changes, it should make it easier to run away, or even try to fight.

Deroth

Vice Admiral
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
The big news for *everybody* (on top of all the other changes, you really should watch the vid) is that De-Coupled mode should now work the way it is intended.

For fighters, harnessing de-coupled will mean that you can squeeze out extra time with the enemy in your sights.

For larger ships, you should be able to get up to your max speed, de-couple, and then find jump points and/or bring guns & missiles to bear on an enemy. Right now, for a lot of big ships, even if you decouple at max speed, moving your nose results in your speed going down to SCM speeds, which makes you a sitting duck. With these changes, it should make it easier to run away, or even try to fight.
I'm more concerned with taking off and landing.
These changes, coupled with the horribly thought out 'contextual velocity-vectoring' instead of thrust-vectoring mechanic, makes me concerned that once cargo mass is implemented taking off and landing in large ships will go from the current 'riding a bull blindfolded' to 'press the I lose button'.